Interests: Data science; nonlinear dynamics and pattern formation; mathematical modeling; mathematical biology; applied computational topology; educational psychology and learning science; technology; diversity
Gay calculus: Because people on Facebook egged me on, I am writing a book called “A Super Gay Companion to Calculus.” If I manage to publish this book, I want to donate at least 1/3 of proceeds to organizations and efforts that work on equity, diversity, and inclusion in mathematics. If you are interested in potentially publishing this book, please contact me.
Graphical syllabi: If you came here seeking info about my graphical syllabi, here is an example.
Trending articles (all are open access):
- Topological data analysis: One mathematician’s heartwarming story of struggle, triumph, and ultimately, more struggle (Topaz) [expository article]
- Gender representation on journal editorial boards in the mathematical sciences (Topaz and Sen)
- Biological aggregation driven by social and environmental factors: A nonlocal model and its degenerate Cahn-Hilliard approximation (Bernoff and Topaz)
- Topological Data Analysis of Biological Aggregation Models (Topaz, Ziegelmeier and Halverson)
- Flipped Calculus: A Study of Student Performance and Perceptions (Ziegelmeier and Topaz)
Support: I’m grateful to be supported by National Science Foundation Grant DMS-1412674, Applied Dynamics and Topology of Aggregation Systems. The views expressed on my website are my own and do not in any way represent the NSF.