Interests: Data science; nonlinear dynamics and pattern formation; mathematical modeling; mathematical biology; applied computational topology; educational psychology and learning science; technology; diversity
Slides: Some of you came here looking for slides from my presentation at JMM 2017 on contextualizing mathematics in undergraduate courses.
News: I’m delighted to be giving the public lecture at the 2017 Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society annual meeting. See you in Halifax in July!
Trending articles (all are open access):
- Topological data analysis: One mathematician’s heartwarming story of struggle, triumph, and ultimately, more struggle (Topaz) [expository article]
- Gender representation on journal editorial boards in the mathematical sciences (Topaz and Sen)
- Biological aggregation driven by social and environmental factors: A nonlocal model and its degenerate Cahn-Hilliard approximation (Bernoff and Topaz)
- Topological Data Analysis of Biological Aggregation Models (Topaz, Ziegelmeier and Halverson)
- Flipped Calculus: A Study of Student Performance and Perceptions (Ziegelmeier and Topaz)
Support: I’m grateful to be supported by National Science Foundation Grant DMS-1412674, Applied Dynamics and Topology of Aggregation Systems. The views expressed on my website are my own and do not in any way represent the NSF.