For students: I keep all course information in Moodle, though on this site I have some materials for Math 135 (Applied Multivariable Calculus I) and Math 312 (Differential Equations). Here is information about requesting letters of recommendation.
Teaching summary: I have taught mathematical modeling, partial differential equations, differential equations, dynamical systems, numerical analysis, scientific computing, calculus, and complex analysis at Northwestern University, Duke University, UCLA, and Macalester College. Outside of the classroom, I served as the Assistant Director of USC’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and trained new teaching assistants at Northwestern University.
Teaching statement: Unfortunately, my teaching statement has been plagiarized by some other academics. If you detect a case of plagiarism, please contact me.
Scholarship and teaching of learning: Publications related to teaching appear in this list.
- Winner, Jack and Marty Rossmann Excellence in Teaching Award. Macalester College, 2010
- Assistant Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching, USC, 2006 – 2007
- Nominee, Copenhaver Award for teaching with technology, UCLA, 2006
- Winner, Sorgenfrey Distinguished Teaching Award in mathematics, UCLA, 2004
- Nominee, Distinguished Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Award, Duke, 2003
- Fellow, Searle Center for Teaching Excellence, Northwestern, 2000 – 2001
Favorite books related to teaching: