For students: I keep all course information in GLOW, though on this site I have some materials for Macalester College Math 135 (Applied Multivariable Calculus I) and Williams College Math 309 (Differential Equations). Here is information about requesting letters of recommendation and about mathematical colloquium.
Teaching summary: I have taught data science, mathematical modeling, partial differential equations, differential equations, dynamical systems, numerical analysis, scientific computing, calculus, and complex analysis at Northwestern University, Duke University, UCLA, Macalester College, and now, Williams College. Outside of the classroom, I served as the Assistant Director of USC’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and trained new teaching assistants at Northwestern University.
Inclusive teaching resources: I keep a short but useful list.
Visual syllabi: See one of mine.
Scholarship and teaching of learning: Publications related to teaching appear in this list.
- Winner, Jack and Marty Rossmann Excellence in Teaching Award. Macalester College, 2010
- Assistant Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching, USC, 2006 – 2007
- Nominee, Copenhaver Award for teaching with technology, UCLA, 2006
- Winner, Sorgenfrey Distinguished Teaching Award in mathematics, UCLA, 2004
- Nominee, Distinguished Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Award, Duke, 2003
- Fellow, Searle Center for Teaching Excellence, Northwestern, 2000 – 2001
Favorite books related to teaching: