By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Explain what a conservative system is.
- Find a conserved quantity for a conserved system and use it to plot trajectories.
- Identify special cases where linear centers are guaranteed to be nonlinear centers
Before class, please:
- Read Strogatz, Sections 6.5, 6.7.
- Watch Strogatz’s lecture.
- Read these notes and these notes.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself (none)
In class, we will:
- Work on this activity (key).
After class, please:
- Do post-class problems.